Skip to main content

The Focus On Netizen Comments Has Gone Too Far

Earlier this morning, I was reading this article on Soompi and noticed a whole paragraph was dedicated to what netizens had to say. To the right in trending topics, there's this article about netizens wondering if a masked singer is Luna. Later this morning, while going on One Hallyu, I discovered that Netizen Buzz wasn't the only site dedicated to translating netizen comments. There's K-Pop K-Fans, Pann Choa, and even One Hallyu does it themselves.

Why?



One could say sites such as Anti Kpop-Fangirl fall into the same circle, but I would say that we don't. I would say AKF falls into a different, but related cluster of sites that would involve sites such as Asian Junkie and Seoul Beats. This cluster of sites generally provide an opinion on news items, events, or even netizen reactions, whether it's Korean or international netizens. The former cluster of sites are now treated as "news" sites. Many people go to these sites to get "news" about what is happening in the Korean entertainment world.

Luckily no one treats AKF as a source of news, as that is not the intent of the site. I view AKF as a platform for people to express their opinions. You'll notice that people such as Kpopalypse like Crayon Pop while I would rather listen to a YG group than Crayon Pop, and I believe I made it clear how much I dislike YG groups. That's the beauty of this site. You'll find that the majority of the K-pop sites contain hive-minded people, where anyone with a dissenting opinion is attacked incessantly. That person will either leave the site/comment sections or stay there to "troll" everyone.

My worry with hive-minded sites that are focused around netizen comment translations is that people will start to exclusively obtain their "news" on Korean entertainment through a heavily-biased opinion, and in order to fit in, parrot those same views. Even the big three news sites are incorporating more netizen articles, and among the worst offenders are Koreaboo, but that site has long since given up.

I know this site has some of its origins in dissecting idiotic comments from netizens, but with the proliferation of these netizen comment translation mills, it is in our best effort to not give such sites any attention. These sites are a cancer and they are destroying individual thought. Fuck these sites.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mamamoo Hwasa's sexual performance?

Pann : Mamamoo Hwasa, isn't this too much? 1. [+140, -5] It looks more sexual because she has a good body. It was Mamamoo's concert and it was +15. 2. [+95, -15] This is why they say women's enemy is women. You call it sexy when male idols rip their clothes off and do pelvic dances but it's a problem when a female idol does it? It only looks sexy and pretty. 3. [+85, -1] It would be considered too much if this was done on broadcast but it was a +15 concert. It's fine. 4. [+35, -0] It's still better than female idols' lolita appeal nowadays 5. [+26, -0] It looks more like that because the dress color is nude. And like in foreign countries, adult sexiness is better than short school uniforms and lolita. 6. [+23, -0] You never bought an album and yet you're complaining about this and that 7. [+22, -1] It's a concert anyways. Other male idols wear more sexual clothes. 8. [+21, -26] It looks a bit off...

Park Hyo Shin oppa

Pann : Park Hyo Shin honestly 1. [+113, -15] Park Hyo Shin sings really well with a handsome face. It's so unfair. He's also tall with a good body ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It'll be fair if he looks like Kim Bun Soo. 2. [+107, -210] Didn't he get a lot of plastic surgery? 3. [+80, -14] I was wondering who the person is in the first picture ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I didn't know Park Hyo Shin was this handsome ㅋㅋ 4. [+33, -2] You'll end up searching for all Youtube videos if you fall for Park Hyo Shin... I've been a fan for 8 years <3 5. [+31, -6] I knew people would mention plastic surgery... This gif is from 11 years ago... All he did was getting his eyes done once 10 years ago. Teeth are not considered plastic surgery. 6. [+28, -2] ㅋㅋ You won't notice any idols if you fall for Park Hyo Shin. 7. [+14, -0] Don't look up Park Hyo Shin on Youtube... Your bank account and mentality will be robbed....

WJSN Cheng Xiao Shows Off Her Flexibility!